Snack your way to success with a winter warming muffin.
Sometimes you need a snack to help get you through that tough exercise routine – or just through a hard day at work. Try these quick and easy muffins for a healthy snack that won’t be too hard on the waist and will give you a little bit of a lift.
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 175 g (2 medium) carrots, thinly grated
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 280 g (2 cups) cake flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ – 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large oranges, juiced
- 25 g butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp full cream milk powder
- 1 handful (5 – 7) pitted dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line muffin tray with paper cases. Place the sugar, eggs, olive oil, grated carrots, bananas, melted butter, and juice of oranges in a bowl. Mix together for 2 mins.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, milk powder, ground cinnamon & ground nutmeg into the mixture.
- Mix until smooth, then add the vanilla essence and mix again. Then fold in the chopped dates.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cases, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 mins until the muffins turn a warm golden colour and are well risen.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and let them cool in the muffin tray for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
|1371 kJ||16 g||5 g||43 g||1,6 g|
Enjoy as a energy boosting snack after your training session or use as a snack for a long bike ride to put some energy back in the glycogen stores.
For more delicious recipes like “Spinach and Broccoli Slices”, visit our website here.
Download the PDF recipe here