GlucaChol-22® Original can be added to cooked meals and baked goods, including pancakes. Make your own today!
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 5 ml oil e.g. macadamia oil
- 1.25 ml (1⁄4t) vinegar
- 185 ml (3/4 cup) cake flour
- 1.25 ml (1⁄4t) salt
- 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) GlucaChol-22® pressed down
- 250 ml (1 cup) fat free/low fat milk
- 5 ml (1t) baking powder
- Beat together the egg, oil and vinegar. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt and add the GlucaChol-22®. Lift up a few times with a spoon to incorporate air.
- Add the dry ingredients in three lots to the egg and oil mix, alternating with the milk. Beat after each addition, but not longer than 1 minute at a time. Lastly add the baking powder and stir in gently.
- Allow to stand for a while. Stir in a little fat free/low fat milk if the batter is too thick. “Fake fry” in a small to medium non-stick frying pan.
- Serve with a sweet or savoury filling.
Makes 6 pancakes.
GlucaChol-22® contains high concentrations of valuable oat beta-glucans, soluble dietary fibres, which are the active ingredients in oats that may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by reducing blood cholesterol levels.
DID YOU KNOW?
3g oat beta-glucan is recommended per day for reduction of blood cholesterol levels. If consumed every day oat beta-glucan reduces blood cholesterol levels within a few weeks!
To read more about GlucaChol-22®, Click Here
Download this recipe here