Fussy kids? Nourish them with a delicious MixMe® macaroni and cheese recipe!
A delicious macaroni and cheese recipe is a firm favourite with kids – even for fussy babies and toddlers. Get them to eat their vegetables and explore new textures by adding some finely chopped kale into the mix.
What you will need:
- 100g Kale
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 200g dry macaroni
- 590ml milk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 250g grated cheddar cheese
- 1g MixMe® sachet
- First, cook your kale by heating a little olive oil in a pan, add garlic, kale and twist of lemon juice until it’s softened and wilted – remove heat.
- In a blender, pulse the kale until it’s chopped into tiny pieces.
- Now make the macaroni and cheese. Pour the macaroni and milk into a saucepan. Heat, stirring very frequently, until the milk begins to bubble. Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes. Continue to stir at regular intervals. You may need to add more milk depending on how thick your macaroni is. If your macaroni isn’t cooked by the time your milk has cooked down, you’ll need to add more.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, stir in the mustard and cheese until melted through. Assess the texture. If it’s too thick and sticky, add more milk to make it creamier.
- Finally, stir in the chopped kale and sprinkle MixMe® over the portion of macaroni and cheese your child will be eating in one meal (just before serving).
For more delicious recipes like “Juicy Baked Meatballs”, visit our website here.
Recipe adapted from Happy Veggie Kitchen’s Kale Mac & Cheese