Yummy Spinach and Broccoli Slices with MixMe® Vitamins?? Yes Please!
Try this yummy spinach and broccoli recipe to get them munching on a tasty, nutritious alternative – and remember to sprinkle a sachet of MixMe® Vitamin and Mineral Powder over your little one’s portion to give him 15 essential vitamins and minerals.
What you will need:
- 3 Large Eggs
- 500g Bag of Spinach
- ½ Head of Fresh Broccoli
- 1 Cup (250ml) Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 90g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 x 1g Sachet of MixMe®
- Preheat the oven to 18°C. Line a 23cm by 33cm rimmed baking tray or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cook the spinach and broccoli in a pot with water or a steamer. Once this is cooked blend it together in a blender.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Whisk in the milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Add the Cheddar cheese and spinach and broccoli mix and stir until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Bake until top is lightly browned and the juices are bubbling, 30-40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool until just warm to the touch.
- Cut into 2-inch (5 cm) squares and sprinkle MixMe® over the portion your child will be eating in one meal (just before serving).
- Note: you can add a variety of veggies to this recipe in pureed form and substitute some of the fluid for this puree.
For more delicious recipes like “macaroni and cheese”, visit our website here.